Running out of disk space? Don't know what's eaten it? Then run Disktective, our award-winning disk-reporting tool,
to trace used-up space on your system.
With Disktective you can find out the real size of your directories and distribution of used space inside them.
Each directory may contain hundreds of subdirectories each containing many files. Simply run Disktective and let
Disktective create a complete report displaying the real sizes of all directories and their
Please click image to enlarge
Installation and use
Disktective does not need to be installed. Just copy the program files onto your harddisk, double click on the .exe file and Disktective will start.
License and platforms
Freeware for Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4.0, 2000 and XP.
This program is freeware for corporate and personal use, so you can run this program in any commercial or non-commercial setting.
You can download Disktective directly from this page.
Download: disktec.zip (479 Kb).
We have made two versions of the Disktective manual available:
To automatically receive a notification when a new version is out, join the
Freebyte newsletter here.
New features in version 4.0
* Totally new and improved user-interface
* Much faster program operation
* Creates reports of disks and directories of many Gigabytes
* Integrated Pie-chart display
* Print Pie-chart
* Export to TreePad files
* New toolbar with seven new buttons (start, stop, export, print, open, etc.)
* Support for Windows XP themes/skinning
* New online Disktective manual
* New downloadable Disktective manual (TreePad format)