Custom Addressbook Main Window
Copy, Delete, Move, Add
* Adding a new address item: 'menu:item/new', 'popup menu:new' or the insert key when the focus is in the left pane (white items list).
* Deleting an address item: 'menu:item/delete selected items', 'popup menu:delete selected items' or the delete key when the focus is in the left pane (white items list).
* Moving an address item to another category can be done with 'popup menu:move selected items to/'
* Copying address items into another category: 'popup menu:copy selected items to/'
* Double clicking on any multi-line attribute-editboxes will enable you to edit the contents of that edit box in a large notepad like editor.
* Pressing F2 in a multi-line attribute editbox will show the large notepad like editor also, pressing F2 in the editor will close the editor, in the same manner as pressing 'OK' with the mouse.
* menu:items/find item: Search Custom Addressbook.
* Click an item with the mouse in the left list-box to select it.
* Selecting multiple items: hold "ctrl" while selecting items with the mouse.
* Selecting a range of items: use "shift-ctrl".
* Selecting all items: ctrl-A.
* menu:items/copy top clipboard will copy all the visible and non-empty attributes of the selected items onto the clipboard.
* menu:items/add to clipboard. This command adds the (visible and non-empty) attributes of the selected items to the clipboard. The previous clipboard content is not erased, but the selected items are added.
* menu:options/password. You can define a custom password to protect access to the data stored in the Addressbook database. Password protection can be switched on or off. Passwords can be 6 to 15 characters long. When password protected, Addressbook encrypts the datafile automatically. Passwords are case sensitive!
WARNING: if you change your password and have back-ups of encrypted files, these older files will only be accessible using the older password. This is because the password is stored in the data file.
Print and Print Preview
* Print/preview all or some items in the current category: menu:File/Print
* Print/preview all items in all categories: select the tab 'all data', then click 'menu:File/Print'
* Saving the data can be done with 'menu:data/save' or 'ctrl-s'.
Minimize to tray
* Minimize to tray can be done with menu:file/minimize to tray. The system-tray is the small area of the Windows taskbar where you also can find the clock. Addressbook automatically saves any changes when minimized to the tray.
* Resizing the left and right panes can be done by dragging the separator line between the two panes.
* The size, position and split of Custom Addressbook windows will be stored automatically, so that the next time you start up Custom Addressbook its windows will have remembered their previous status.
* Non-western/Asian language support: menu:options/language mode
* Changing font: menu:options/font
* Shortcut keys in the left attribute edit area:
ctrl-home: go to first edit box
ctrl-end: go to the last edit box
ctrl-down: go to the next edit box
ctrl-up: go to the previous edit box
down: go to the next edit box if the current one is single-line
up: go to the previous edit box if the current one is single-line
enter: go to the next edit box if the current one is single-line
shift-enter: go to the previous edit box
ctrl-L: Go to the listbox on the left
ctrl-C: copy the selected text in an attribute box to the clipboard
* General shortcut keys:
ctrl-A: Select all
ctrl-shift-C: Copy selected items to clipboard
ctrl-shift-D: Add selected items to clipboard
ctrl-F: Search addressbook
ctrl-M: Minimize to tray and save
ctrl-S: Save to file