New Features in recent versions
New features in version 4.5
* Added: print to multiple colums and rows (optional, useful when printing address labels).
* Added: one can now specify how many rows rows and columns will be printed on each page.
* Added: one can now specify the distance between rows and colums (in inches or mm).
* Moved: the 'units' combobox is moved to the tab 'misc' in the print screen.
* Moved: the 'print attribute names' and 'print empty attributes' checkboxes are moved to the 'page layout' tab in the print screen.
New features in version 4.4
* Added: new print and print-preview screen, which can be opened using menu/file/print. This new print screen has a large number of features, including:
- full print-preview capabilities. Any change you make to the print screen can be viewed without printing (just click on the 'preview' button).
- one can specify a multitute of paper sizes (also: postcards and envelopes) for printing as well as for print-preview.
- an option to select all address items in the current category, or some address items for printing
- an option to print or omit empty attributes (e.g. you can choose not to print 'company' for an item which has that field empty)
- an option to print or not to print the attribute names
- one can specify the top margin of the printed text, the left margin, the bottom margin and the width of the attribute-names column
- units can be shown in Inches and millimeters.
- one can print each item on a separate page, which can be useful when printing envelopes or postcards.
* Changed: the previous print options can no longer be found in the settings screen, but have moved the new print screen
New features in version 4.3
* Added: new display tab in options screen to change certain display characteristics of the main screen
* Added: one can now change the font size, color and name of the attributes in the main screen through the display tab in the options screen.
* Added: one can now change the height of the attribute boxes in the main screen through the display tab in the options screen.
* Improved: the options screen now remembers the last-selected tab, the next time it is opened through menu/view/options or the options toolbutton.
New features in version 4.2
* Added: statusbar now displays 'protected' when a file is password protected
* Added: statusbar now displays 'registered' or 'unregistered'
* Improved: the speed of saving information to disk has been improved greatly. Addressbook now can save thousands of items in just a few seconds.
* Added: menu/file/properties, showing the statistics of the currently opened file, such as: the number of items in the current category, the number of items in the current database, the size of the current database, the name of the current file, etc.
* Improved: the selected address item (in the left-pane), will stay selected after saving
New features in version 4.1
* Added: menu/upgrade/check for new versions, which automatically checks whether a new version has been released (registered mode only).
* Added: print options tab to the options screen, where one can set the printer font (size, name, color), and print column width.
* Added: menu/file/print/printer setup (printer setup dialog to select the printer, paper size, paper orientation, etc.)
* Added: menu/file/print/print options, direct shortcut to the printer options tab in the options screen.
* Bugfix: export of atrributes with attribute-names containing uppercase characters is now fixed
* Added: an online page with Custom Addressbook's new features, https://www.freebyte.com/addressbook/new_features.html
New features in version 4.0
* added: support for Windows XP skinning/themes
* added: toolbar with the most important functions (open, save, import, export, add, delete, options, etc.)
* added: menu/file/open, and corresponding toolbar open button
* added: menu/file/reopen
* added: menu/file/save as
* added: menu/file/new
* improved: the search screen has been improved to include the options:
- search selected category only
- search selected attribute/field only
- case sensitive
- search in start of field
- show/hide options
* improved: export of items to XML, CSV, HTML or TXT is now in the same order as shown in the user-interface
* bugfix: minimized window visible
* bugfix: access violation at startup
* added: deleting items from 'search results' category and 'all data' category now completele deletes items from database
* added: item properties screen with information on item-data and item-categories